Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Book reports (You can steal this shit) more than more


Dear Teacher teacher
I’ve recently read a book called Mockingjay, it’s the third in the Hunger Games series. It’s an absolutely amazing book, and is a perfect 10. The reason I think this is because it makes you want to shout at the main character sometimes, but it also makes you want to be with her and tell her it’s all going to be alright. The author is called Suzanne Collins, and she is amazing. She has great word choice, and her sentences flow amazingly well. You just can’t stop turning the pages, whilst I have been in bed, I’ve said to myself “OK, last page, then sleep” And I just haven’t been able to do it. I’d just keep on reading, just because there’s always something happening.
After her rescue by rebels, Katniss reluctantly agrees to become "the Mockingjay", a symbol of the rebellion against the Capitol. As part of a deal, she demands that the leader of District 13, President Coin, grant immunity to all of the winners of the Hunger Games. And the boy who she survived both of the hunger games with, Peeta, has been captured. The rebels manage to get him back, but he has been brainwashed to believe that Katniss is evil. Upon meeting him, he tries to strangle him. He slowly regains memories, and becomes his normal self. He remembers things, but he doesn’t know if they are true, so katniss just says true or false to help him. In the end, there is a really powerful line where Peeta says “You love me” And Katniss said “True” and then the book ends.

That makes two requests for Peeta's death in less than an hour. "Don't be ridiculous," says Jackson. "I just murdered a member of our squad!" shouts Peeta. "You pushed him off you. You couldn't have known he would trigger the net at that exact spot," says Finnick, trying to calm him. "Who cares? He's dead, isn't he?" Tears begin to run down Peeta's face. "I didn't know. I've never seen myself like that before. Katniss is right. I'm the monster. I'm the mutt. I'm the one Snow has turned into a weapon!" "It's not your fault, Peeta," says Finnick. "You can't take me with you. It's only a matter of time before I kill someone else." Peeta looks around at our conflicted faces. "Maybe you think it's kinder to just dump me somewhere. Let me take my chances. But that's the same thing as handing me over to the Capitol. Do you think you'd be doing me a favor by sending me back to Snow?" Peeta. Back in Snow's hands. Tortured and tormented until no bits of his former self will ever emerge again”

This is a part showing that Peeta is dangerous, and has been brainwashed, but also is regaining some more things, and able to make better decisions.

I recommend this book to people in 8th grade, as it is quite a graphic book, but you have to read the first 2 books for it all to make sense.

-Liam

No comments:

Post a Comment